- 16 x Thick Fat RGB-Backlit MPC Pads
- 4 x Assignable Faders
- 4 x Assignable Q-Link Knobs
- 4 x Assignable Q-Link Buttons
- 36 x Assignable Controls via Three Banks
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing
- MIDI In & Out Jacks
- Dedicated Transport controls
- Software Package Included
Akai Professional MPD226 Overview
The MPD226 by Akai Professional combines a pad controller with a control surface in a lightweight and compact package, offering producers, programmers, musicians and DJs the feel of classic MPC beat-making.
Sixteen ultra-sensitive Thick Fat MPC pads are used to trigger drum hits and other samples in your software or external MIDI sound module. They are backlit for visual feedback & color-coding, and pressure- and velocity-sensitive for a responsive feel and intuitive playing. You can switch between four pad banks to control up to 64 samples.
The control surface features four 360° knobs, four buttons, and four faders (all assignable) which send continuous controller messages to the software for up to 36 parameters stored in three independent control banks.
The unit incorporates some of the MPC's most popular features such as Full-Level button, MPC Swing, 16-Level button, Note-Repeat button, and Tap-Tempo button. The MIDI In/Out ports allow for connecting the controller to external MIDI devices like synthesizers, sequencers and drum machines.
The MPD226 is class-compliant with Mac and Windows, and is iOS-compatible via Apple's Camera Connection kit (available separately). It comes with a comprehensive software bundle which includes, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion & Big Bang Universal Drums, and Ableton Live Lite.
- 16 pressure- and velocity-sensitive Thick Fat RGB-Backlit MPC Pads
- Four independent pad banks let you control up to 64 different samples (16 pads across 4 banks)
- Four 360° knobs, four buttons, and four faders send continuous controller messages to your software or external MIDI device
- 36 assignable knob, fader & button controls accessible via 3 banks
- Presets allows you to recall 30 stored programs containing control information for pads, faders, knobs, and more
- Connect to MIDI In/Out of external MIDI devices using a 1/8" to MIDI adapter (two included)
- Classic MPC features such as Full-Level button, MPC Swing, 16-Level button, Note-Repeat button, and Tap-Tempo button
- Backlit display lets you view menus, options, parameters, and settings
- Dedicated transport controls include Stop, Play, and Record
- Mac & Windows class-compliant, and iOS-compatible with Apple’s Camera Connection kit (available separately)
- Powered via USB bus - Unit can also be powered via USB charger or power adapter (both available separately)
- Kensington lock slot to help secure the unit to a table or other surface
- Included software: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion & Big Bang Universal Drums, and Ableton Live Lite