High-end, Low-cost Tube Preamp and Recording Interface
You don't have to spend big bucks to get high-quality preamp tone. Designed and engineered in Germany, Behringer's MIC500USB Audiophile Vacuum Tube Preamplifier affordably delivers high-end, tube-driven pre-amplification for all microphone, instrument, and line-level sources. The MIC500USB uses a hand-selected 12AX7 vacuum tube for exceptional warmth with a very low noise floor. You get balanced inputs and outputs on 1/4" TRS and XLR connectors, 48-volt phantom power, a phase reverse switch, and 20dB Pad for the utmost flexibility. Need more? The MIC500USB provides 16 preamp voicings through its built-in USB/audio interface and free audio recording software with 150 instrument/effect plug-ins that are downloadable directly from Behringer's site.
Modern tech with vintage tone
Developed in the 1940s by RCA engineers, the 12AX7 vacuum tube is a high-gain, ultra-low-noise tube that lends great sound to the preamplification stage. The MIC500USB pairs the 12AX7 tube with a 20dB pad and a sophisticated output limiter to prevent signal clipping upon input and output. Plus, you get a dedicated low-cut filter to eliminate unwanted low frequencies — which, as Sweetwater engineers will tell you, is a must-have to reduce ambient noise for clean recordings.
Downloadable plug-in library and digital recording software
Behringer decided to give you even more value with the incredible versatility of the MIC500USB; you can download recording, editing, and podcasting software from their site, as well as a library of 150 instrument/effect plug-ins. All the software is optimized to integrate seamlessly with the MIC500USB for user-friendly, flexible recording.
Behringer MIC500USB Audiophile Vacuum Tube Preamplifier Features:
- 12AX7 high-gain, ultra-low-noise vacuum tube provides warm vintage preamp tone
- Versatile connectivity with balanced inputs and outputs on 1/4" TRS and XLR connectors
- 16 preamp voicings designed for guitars, drums, keyboards, vocals, and more
- Built-in USB/audio interface to connect directly to your computer
- Dedicated low-cut filter eliminates unwanted low frequencies
- Downloadable recording/editing/podcasting software and plug-in library included