JBL LSR308 (Each)
- Bi-Amplified Powered Reference Monitor
- Linear Spatial Reference Speaker Design
- Dual 56W Class D Amplifiers
- Long-Throw 8" Low Frequency Woofer
- Neodymium 1" High Frequency Tweeter
- Balanced XLR & 1/4" TRS Inputs
- Low & High Frequency Trim Switches
- Image Control Waveguide Technology
- Slip Stream Low Frequency Port Design
- Selectable Input Sensitivity Switch
JBL LSR308 Overview
The JBL LSR308 8" Two-Way Powered Studio Monitor is a bi-amplified reference monitor with a magnetically-shielded 8" low frequency transducer and 1" soft-dome high frequency transducer. The monitor features JBL's Image Control Waveguide technology for accurate audio reproduction. It also features JBL's Slip Stream port design for improved bass response. The LSR308 is equipped with an LF trim switch and an HF trim switch, as well as dual 56W Class D amplifiers for both drivers. To ensure flexible connectivity, JBL included a balanced XLR input and a balanced 1/4" TRS input, both of which feature dented level control. Other features include JBL's LSR (Linear Spatial Reference) speaker design for accurate audio reproduction and a selectable input sensitivity switch that ensures compatibility with a range of signal sources.
- Image Control Waveguide Technology
- The Image Control Waveguide was developed for JBL's flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor and has been included in the LSR308. The patent-pending design of the Image Control Waveguide precisely controls the sound emanating from the speaker in the vertical and horizontal planes ensuring the presentation at the listening position is neutral and accurate.
- JBL Transducers
- The monitor's long-throw woofer and damped woven composite neodymium tweeter are both designed to reproduce the powerful transients and micro dynamics of your mix. These drivers deliver deep bass and accurate high frequency response beyond the range of human hearing.
- JBL's Patented Slip Stream Low Frequency Port Design
- JBL's patented Slip Stream low frequency port design works in concert with the woofer to produce deep bass response at all playback levels. The double-flared shape of the port is precisely engineered for greater low-frequency extension and reduced turbulence.
- Efficient Class D Amplifiers
- The LSR308's efficient 56W Class D amplifiers provide enough power to deliver the output and dynamic headroom needed for the most demanding production styles.
- Professional Balanced Inputs
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS inputs give you the options you need to connect the LSR308 to any signal source while maintaining professional signal quality.
- Selectable Input Sensitivity
- The -10dB/+4dB sensitivity switch ensures compatibility with a broad range of signal sources, allowing you to connect the LSR308 to high output professional gear without any danger of input overload.
- LF Trim & HF Trim Switches
- LF (Low Frequency) Trim and HF (High Frequency) Trim switches give you maximum control over the LSR308's sound in your room. Use these switches to fine-tune the amount of bass and treble you hear to compensate for room acoustics, program material and your personal taste.
- 100-Hour Power Test
- Prior to becoming a production-ready design, each LSR308 model is subjected to JBL's rigorous 100-hour power test, in which the speaker is required to play continually at full output for 100 hours without failure. This test ensures that all LSR308 speakers will deliver years of reliable performance.
- LSR Design
- JBL's LSR (Linear Spatial Reference) design requires seventy-two measurements yielding more than 1200 times more data. This enables JBL to engineer a speaker that sounds right in any working space. With LSR design, the LSR308 is able to deliver accurate audio reproduction regardless of the size and shape of your room.
- Research & Development
- The impressive performance of the LSR308 is a direct result of the technology JBL used to develop their flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor.