Small subwoofer cabinets are not conducive to big bass, which presented a challenge for SVS engineers when designing the SB-1000 and its compact 13x13x13-inch enclosure. Refusing to sacrifice performance for size, SVS engineers threw out preconceived notions and designed a subwoofer with massive output and remarkable low frequency extension, especially relative to its size and price. All without sacrificing accuracy, detail, and musicality.
At first glance, it’s easy to underestimate the impact of the SB-1000 subwoofer based on size alone. But when it erupts to life with deep and hard-hitting bass, there’s no mistaking it’s a bona fide, high performance subwoofer.
Commanding 12-inch SVS High-Excursion Driver
SVS packed the compact SB-1000 subwoofer with a front-firing 12-inch driver, massive dual ferrite magnets and FEA-optimized internal motor technology for high output with extremely low distortion. The lightweight cone material of the long-stroke driver reproduces subtle audio tones and massive low frequency impact with lifelike realism. Durable rubber surrounds ensure long-lasting performance, even when the subwoofer is pushed to its performance limits for extended periods of time. Authoritative and musical, the SB-1000 a perfect option for serious music or home theater lovers.
Powerful and Sophisticated Sledge STA-300D Amplifier
Conservatively rated at 300 watts RMS, 700+ watts peak power, the Sledge STA-300D amplifier maintains precise control of the subwoofer at all drive levels so you can push to reference volumes without distortion. A sophisticated DSP is perfectly tuned to the unique driver and cabinet configuration and its equalization curve is optimized for enhanced transient response and room gain, making the subwoofer sound much bigger than its size. The SB-1000’s ability to start and stop on a dime and stay true to the source material is a performance hallmark normally reserved for much more expensive subwoofers. The advanced DSP engine also allows for fine tuning of audio playback and easy set-up and integration into any home theater or stereo system.
Sonically Inert and Rigidly Braced Cabinet
Thermal management is critical when dealing with such a powerful amplifier and motor in a compact sealed cabinet, so SVS implemented a unique vented pole piece and efficient high-power voice coil to keep the SB-1000 subwoofer cool without impacting performance or adding noise. The cabinet is rigidly braced and sonically inert so the bass you hear is always effortless and pure, even at the highest drive levels.
Weighing in at an easily movable 27 lbs, the SB-1000 is SVS’s lightest and smallest subwoofer, making its 24Hz to 260Hz (+/- 3dB) frequency response all the more impressive.
Sound Expert Videos
Anatomy of an SVS Subwoofer Driver
Comparing Ported vs. Sealed Subwoofers for Home Theater
- Premium black ash, piano gloss black and piano gloss white finish options
- Front-firing 12" driver
- Rigid and strong cabinet construction
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Detachable power cord
- Cabinet Dimensions: 13.5" (H) x 13" (W) x 14"(D) (without grille)
- Overall Dimensions: 13.5" (H) x 13" (W) x 14.6"(D) (with grille)
- Weight (unboxed): 27 pounds
- Shipped Dimensions: 19" (H) x 18" (W) x 18" (D)
- Shipped Weight: 34 pounds
- SVS 12” high-performance driver
- FEA-optimized motor technology for low distortion
- High-power voice coil for excellent thermal management
- Lightweight Treated Fiber Composite cone for enhanced sensitivity and transient response
- Rubber surround for durability and long-life
- Dual high-grade ferrite magnets
- Vented pole piece for greater cooling and low noise
- Sledge STA-300D with 300 watts RMS continuous power (720 watts peak dynamic power)
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology
- 300 watts (720 watts peak dynamic)
- Green standby mode with less than 0.5 watts consumption
- Detachable power cord with main power switch
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Auto-On / On switch
- DSP control for accurate response and refined behavior under all operating conditions
- Stereo line-level RCA Input & 80Hz High Pass Filtered Output connections
- Stereo speaker level 5-way binding post input connections
- Continuously variable low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting
- Continuously variable volume and phase controls./li>
- Input impedance - 47 kΩ (unbalanced RCA) / 2 kΩ (speaker level)